Tuesday, September 9, 2014

review: ysl fusion ink foundation

                                     
When I was in Sephora this past weekend I decided to look around for a new high end foundation to try. My last love of this genre was the Nars Sheer Glow, but I was starting get a bit tired of it, especially because of how unforgiving it was of dry patches. Plus I wanted something a little lighter, and that's when I spotted the new YSL Ink Fusion Foundation. I've never tried a foundation from this brand before and it just looked so pretty and, well Cara Delevigne was on the ad so the decision kind of made itself. There were 21 different shades to choose from, which was fabulous & easy to navigate, unlike my usual 15 minute struggle to find my shade. The price tag was a bit scary at $60 (ouch), so I asked for a sample instead... which is my favorite thing to do at Sephora. They give you a hefty sample too! I've used the foundation everyday for about 4 days now & I've not even made a dent in it.

Okay back to the review.. The foundation is said to boast feather-light texture with its "fine as ink formula.. perfects the skin yet wears weightlessly all day. Never cakey or heavy..." (YSL website). Also, it is supposed to have a soft-matte finish.

first impression. I've got to say, all of these metaphors kind of screamed 'malarky' to me at first sight. But, I've got to say they were spot on. This foundation really lives up to it's fluffy description. The website says that you use the applicator (I used my finger bc of the sample, but same difference really) and dab product on the high points around your face and that's really all you need. It leaves a beautiful perfected satin base with minimal product. It instantly sinks into your skin & it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing foundation. I had some blemishes on my chin so I added a few more small dabs of product and it covered it well. I would suggest adding a concealer too, but you won't need much.

application. Now I've applied this three different ways so far and they've all worked wonderfully. You get the best coverage using your fingers, so that no product gets absorbed by a brush as well as it gives you more control of where the product goes. I've also used a beauty blender and a duo-fiber brush. The foundation website suggests using your fingers and the tutorials use a duo fiber brush. The brush gives an airbrushed finish, but my favorite way to apply is with the beauty blender. It makes for a more dewy and light application. It's not the best coverage this way, but on the days where I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup, it's beyond perfect.

lasting power. It is very long lasting. I've been guilty of wearing this foundation to bed once and it actually was still on my face and looking good the next morning with no evidence on my pillow!(perfect 'third date' foundation winkwink) I do get oily in my T zone, especially my nose, so I've been using the Becca matte primer just on the T zone with a little Rimmel Stay Matte powder & the foundation held up perfectly, with no oily breakup. There is a fragrance to the foundation, which I actually quite like that doesn't linger too much, which I also like. I just can't say enough good things about this foundation. It's amazing and perfectly low maintenance. I'm even contemplating getting the full size.. OH gosh, my poor wallet! But I can't help it , this stuff is quickly becoming my new favorite & I would suggest to everyone of all skin types.

Have you tried this foundation? let me know what you think!

ttyl :)
madeleine.

*photos are from the YSL website

No comments:

Post a Comment